Mark your calendar for The Word of His Power scholarship applications will open for college students nominated by study class members. To qualify applicants must meet criteria qualifications.
Application Open Date: April 16, 2019
Application Close Date: June 18, 2019
Qualified individuals will be notified via email on
Date: June 30, 2019
We are setting up a scholarship for those individuals that are nominated by the Word of His Power Class Members. The following criteria will lead the charge for this scholarship:
- The nominated individual is a relative of a participating Word of His Power Class Member.
- The Class Member must attend 2 (two) consecutive Bible Study classes.
- Only (1) one nomination per Class Member.
- Nominee is a college or university student in their Freshman, sophomore, or junior year of college experience.
- An outside panel of (5) five Directors will chose the (1) one recipient of The Word of His Power Bible Ministry Scholarship program.
STAGE 1: Nominee MUST attend three (3) Consecutive Bible Study classes
STAGE 2: Nominee as a freshman must submit a copy of College acceptance letter.
STAGE 3: Nominee as a sophomore or junior must submit a copy of their transcripts with a B average.
STAGE 4: Nominee must submit a copy of a state or college ID (Illinois candidates only).
STAGE 5: Nominee is required to submit a 300 word typed essay from one chosen topics below:
- What do you consider to be the single most important societal problem? Why?
- Pick a controversial problem on college campuses and suggest a solution.
- What do you see as the greatest threat to the environment today?
- Describe how you have demonstrated leadership ability both in and out of school.
- Discuss a special attribute or accomplishment that sets you apart.
- Describe your most meaningful achievements and how they relate to your future goals.
- Pick an experience from your own life and explain how it has influenced your development.
- Who in your life has been your biggest influence and why?
- How has your family background affected the way you see the world?
- How has your education contributed to who you are today?
- Briefly describe your long- and short-term goals.
- Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?
- Why do you want to get a college education?
- Choose a person or persons you admire and explain why.
- Choose a book or books that have affected you deeply and explain why.
STAGE 6: Submission Due Date: November 19, 2019 by 11:59pm to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Theresa A. Doby, Director, MPH. MTh, M.A. Bioethics
Derrick J, Harvey, CFO, TCH